All the native GPIO pins on the XU4 operate at 1.8V. However, many devices support only 3.3V or 5V.
This level shifter board contains 3 x TSX0108E bi-directional level shifter ICs. The 30-pin and 12-pin GPIO ports on the XU4 are converted to the more common 0.1inch (2.54mm) pitch 40-pin header. All the signals can be level shifted to 3.3V or 5V. You can choose the voltage with a small hardware slide switch on the board.
The 40-pin header pin map is compatible with the ODROID-C1 and Raspberry Pi/Pi 2.
We are working on the WiringPi compatible libraries to simplify development.
* The XU3/XU3-Lite requires modification or removal of the 12-pin socket on the XU4 Shifter Shield
The maximum output current is 4mA. Extra driver circuits may be required to control LEDs, motors or other devices that require more than 4mA like this example.
Since this TSX0108E chip is a special bi-directional level shifter it does not have strong output pins that can drive LEDs or long cables.
- Converts the XU4’s 30-pin and 12-pin headers to standard-pitch 40-pin compatible header
- Adjusts voltage from 1.8V to 3.3V/5.0V with hardware switch
- Stacks nicely on top of XU4 with included hardware
- Contains prototyping area for projects
- XU4 Shifter Shield Board
- 4 x 19mm PCB spacer (Metal)
- 8 x 10mm PCB spacer (Plastic)