Pirate Audio is a range of all-in-one audio boards for Raspberry Pi, with high-quality digital audio, beautifully-crisp IPS displays for album art, tactile buttons for playback control, and our custom Pirate Audio software and installer to make setting it all up a breeze.
- Amplified digital audio (24-bit / 192KHz) over I2S
- PAM8908 headphone amplifier chip (datasheet)
- Low-gain / high-gain switch (high-gain boosts by 12dB)
- PCM5100A DAC chip (datasheet)
- 3.5mm stereo jack
- 1.3″ IPS colour LCD (240x240px) (ST7789 driver)
- Four tactile buttons
- Mini HAT-format board
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models
- Pirate Audio software
- Dimensions: 65×30.5×9.5mm
- The low-gain mode is recommended for most use-cases.
- The DAC can be configured by adding
- There is a DAC enable pin—BCM 25— that must be driven high to enable the DAC. You can do this by adding
- The buttons are active low, and connected to pins BCM 5, 6, 16, and 24.
- The display uses SPI, and you’ll need to enable SPI through the Raspberry Pi configuration menu.